Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How to buy presents for the holidays cheaper!!! by Hanrodistributing

Why Would a Store Drop Their Price?

Think about it, if they don’t beat their competitor’s price, what would stop you from buying from someone else. Most times there are very few things aside from price that give one store an advantage over another. This doesn’t mean that you can turn every department store into a dollar store, but it does mean that you can cut a little into their profit and they still make money in the process. They will likely also think that you will return in the future.



How Do I Find a Better Price?

To research a price that is cheaper than a local department store, I like to use Amazon because they are reputable. Most department stores won’t even consider trying to price match with an Internet company that nobody has ever heard of, but unless you live under a rock everyone knows about Amazon. If you compare a local ad to Amazon, you can get a really good deal and see the difference.



What Price Should I Target?

Don’t expect that a local company will match an internet company, but you can certainly get them to come down. I usually print the ad in case they can’t look at up at the store you go to. I once found a TV that was $500 dollars cheaper on Amazon than a local department store so I asked them if they price matched. I also asked them why their prices were so much different. The typical response is that you are paying for local service. I like to respond with, I am willing to pay for local service, but in this case I am not will to pay $500 dollars. He told me that he needed to talk to his manager, and when he came back he was willing to offer me a price of $50 more than the Amazon price, so I jumped on it. I thought it was worth $50 to pay for local service, but I didn’t notice that shipping was over $100 so I actually came out even better. (I just had a sales rep that wasn’t paying attention though so don’t think that always happens). Just remember, the worst they can say is no, and in that case you just buy from Amazon. If they treat you well, ask for a few business cards that you can distribute to your friends. That makes them feel a little better about the deal you received.


I am Cory Dawkins, owner of www.hanrodistributing.com and I use these principles for major purchases like electronics and furniture. You can use them for just about anything you can think of but the bigger the purchase the better your opportunity to shave off enough money to make it worth your while.


Article Source: How to buy presents for the holidays cheaper!!!

No comments: